Do your customers want to be able to pay with crypto? If you haven’t started looking for a payment processor already, then you’ll quickly discover that finding a reliable payment gateway is quite a feat in an of itself.
From selecting a provider which accepts the various altcoins you want, has a robust feature set, doesn’t charge high fees, is easy for your customers to use, etc. the long list of frustrations you might encounter during your search for a payment processor is worthy of its own post. Bearing this in mind, I am excited to introduce you to the crypto payment gateway CoinPayments.
I discovered CoinPayments during my recent purchase of an ever sought after Nootropic called Modafinil. Everyone who is interested in and following all things nootropics agree and commonly cite Modafinil as the kingpin of nootropics.
The problem is however that in the United States and a select few other countries (none are coming to mind but I am sure there are some), the purchase of Modafinil is restricted to prescription only. Despite the plethora of research supporting Modafinil’s benefits for other than what the U.S. deems it to be good for, our government has yet again decided it knows what’s best for us and that they (the “government” as a collective) can run our lives better than we can.
If you can’t tell through the satirical tone I intended to write those last few sentences in, I’ve since decided I disagree with their notion and have the “Don’t tread on me” mindset and approach. Though I did wait a very long time (~2 years) before becoming so brave and pulling the plug and going through with purchasing a product which would effectively make me a criminal if I am caught with it. It was once I discovered the vendor ModafinilStar through multiple reviewing platforms and reading testimonies from their customers that I decided I’ve had enough with the censorship associated with authoritarians.
Since they are competitively priced, the bonus with ModafinilStar is they provide a 20% if you make your purchase using crypto. I don’t know about you but I am willing to purchase Bitcoin in this case and then use it to make a purchase in in order to receive a 20% savings. Especially since I am making a rather large purchase given the product I am purchasing just so happens to have such a long shipping time (10-14 days) because it ships from another country (India in my case). So a 20% savings isn’t just a few saved nickels or dimes but rather double digit dollar bills.
Once I signed up and purchased Bitcoin, I simply entered in the vendor’s wallet address and hit enter. In no time received a message from the vendor that my payment had been received and that my order would be shipping shortly and I’d receive a follow up email with the tracking details. The rest is history. Overall, it was one of the simplest ways I’ve ever shaved off 20% of a purchase order.
So for those like me who prefer less subjective notions and more objective evidence as far as making a business decision like choosing a payment processor, here are the finer details.
- Industry-Low Fees. The processing fee is only 0.50% (way lower than even PayPal and the like).
- Point of Sale (POS). Simple interface for in person transactions.
- GAP600 Instant Confirmations. CoinPayments supports GAP600 Instant Confirmations making Bitcoin payments faster than ever before.
- Vault. Protect your coins in the vault, requiring a time amount you specify before being able to spend them.
- Mobile Apps. Access your account, accept payments in person, and convert coins anywhere with their mobile apps for Android and iOS.
- Air Drops. CoinPayments provides air drops of new coins and tokens to their users so everyone benefits.
- Auto Coin Conversion. Auto convert for some of their coins, saving you the trouble of moving funds, wasting time and fees.
- Fiat Settlements. United States and Euro merchants now have fiat settlements directly to their bank accounts.
- Multi-Coin Wallet. Optionally store your coins in their secure online wallet.
As far as integration and e-commerce shopping cart plug-ins, CoinPayment works with all the popular webcarts used today. Simply register and install a plugin to set up CoinPayments with your new or pre-existing checkout.
Let me know your thoughts in the comments. What other payment gateways do you use for crypto?